Popular Bolton restaurant forced to close following fire

  • Beefalo Meat House in Bolton is closed following a fire
  • Nobody has been reported injured
  • The restaurant remains closed

A restaurant in Bolton is currently closed following a fire on Monday which led to extensive damage.

Beefalo Meat House on Blackburn Road in Astley Bridge caught fire shortly after 11am.

The roof of the building has since collapsed after the fire broke out at the back of the restaurant.

https://twitter.com/SMAdyTaylor/status/1632890236035317761
Images of the fire from @SMAdyTaylor

Station manager for Bolton north fire station, Ady Taylor told The Bolton News: “It seems to be an accidental fire, and we are still unsure as to how it started.

“We managed to contain the fire around the roof area and stopped it from spreading any further. We also made sure everyone was out and that there was nothing left in the building.

“The owners were in attendance and were devastated.”

A GMRFS spokesperson said: “Fire engines from across Greater Manchester, as well as an aerial unit, quickly attended the scene.”

Firefighters used four breathing apparatus, two jets and a hydraulic platform to extinguish the fire.

The restaurant was due to host a fundraising event for the Turkey Donation Appeal raising money for Turkey and Syria’s earthquake victims yesterday (Tuesday). Unfortunately, this event was unable to go ahead.

The restaurant remains closed until further notice.