Manchester United announce America as the location of 2017 pre-season tour
- Manchester United has announced it will be touring the USA this summer
- The Reds are to play five games in North America this summer, on the east and west coast of the United States of America (including LA and Washington)
- 8 million Americans support United (the world's most supported club)
The world's most supported football club, Manchester United, has announced its plans for summer 2017.
The Red Devils will play games in the United States of America this summer for their Tour 2017, presented by club sponsor Aon.
Jose Mourinho’s men will play five games in five cities, including matches in Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Santa Clara and Washington DC.
In the previous two visits to the USA, the Club has welcomed more than half a million supporters to games across the States, in a country where Manchester United has over eight million followers.
The two-week tour forms part of the Club’s preparations for the 2017-18 Premier League campaign, with further details regarding the Tour, including opposition teams, venues and ticket details to be announced in the coming days.
Manchester United first visited America in 1950 as part of a close season tour, playing against local clubs. The long-standing relationship with the USA has seen the Club make a further 14 visits to the country facing American and Mexican sides as well as a host of clubs from across Europe.
Speaking of the Club’s summer plans, Manchester United’s executive vice-chairman, Ed Woodward, said: “Visiting North America will give the team the best possible preparation for the new season, using top class training facilities and playing in some great stadiums.
“We have witnessed first-hand the passion and support for the Club in the US in recent years, so naturally it is something that everybody is very much looking forward to this summer.”
Aon is the Presenting Partner of Manchester United’s Tour 2017, offering its expertise in risk management, insurance, reinsurance brokerage and human resources solutions.
President and Chief Executive Officer of Aon, Greg Case, said: “We are pleased to partner with Manchester United as the Club makes its return to the United States for Tour 2017. In the U.S., and around the world, we work with organizations to empower results by reducing volatility and finding opportunities to improve performance. Like Manchester United, we believe that success requires a compelling strategy, strong execution and above all, leadership. We look forward to supporting the club on their journey to greatness.”
Previous Pre-season tours in the States:
- Celtic (Seattle), Club America (Los Angeles), Juventus (New Jersey), Barcelona (Philadelphia)
- Bayern Munich (Chicago), Celtic (Philadelphia), AC Milan (New York)
- Philadelphia Union, Kansas City Wizards, MLS All-Stars (Houston)
- New England Revolution (Boston), Seattle Sounders, Chicago Fire, MLS All-Stars (New Jersey), Barcelona (Washington)
- Roma (Denver), LA Galaxy (California), Inter Milan (Washington), Real Madrid (Michigan), Liverpool (Miami)
- Club America (Seattle), San Jose Earthquakes (California), Barcelona (Santa Clara), Paris Saint-Germain (Chicago)