Manchester City drop points to Crystal Palace in frustrating draw

  • Palace hold City to a goalless draw at Selhurst Park
  • Guardiola made no subs again enraging City fans

Manchester City lined up with no changes to their team that beat United 4-1 and looked in great domestic form, despite drawing 0-0 against Sporting Lisbon midweek.

Palace also had no changes to their team after their 2-0 victory over Wolves and looked in great form.

The game started slow for City with frequent turnovers of possession from the blues. This allowed Palace to counterattack and force Ederson into action.

Phil Foden had only touched the ball two times in 23 minutes, emphasising the problems for City.

Half-time came and the game was still goaless. The Palace fans were in good voice as usual and City looked like a frustrated outfit heading into the break.

As both teams came out for the second half, neither squad had any changes and this was matched on the pitch, with City struggling to make any inroads into the Palace defence.

Frustration showed when Grealish brought down Gallagher and earned himself a yellow card, but just minutes later De Bruyne was inches away from giving City the lead.


His curling shot hit the post and then the follow up from Mahrez was acrobatically saved by Palace keeper Guaita.

In the 65th minute Palace made two substitutions, Mateta and Olise were replaced by Edouard and Ayew. City made no changes however, despite staying goalless.

Gallagher got himself into the book after clipping Cancelo’s heel in the City half in the 83rd minute and then in the last minute of the game Edouard chopped down by Walker earning him a card.

The game ends 0-0 making the title race wide open. If Liverpool win their game in hand they will only be one point behind the leaders.

City next play Southampton in the FA cup on the 20th March, but most blues fans will be looking towards Liverpool’s game against Arsenal on the 16th hoping that the gunners can halt Liverpool’s good form.