For the Love of England and St. George Festival coming to Manchester
- Festival celebrating Saint George and every English is coming to Manchester on St. George's Day
- Football legends Ray Clemence, Peter Reid and David May will be participating in a live Q&A
- Tribute acts for David Bowie, Robbie Williams and Little Mix will be performing live
- Win free tickets for the event with our competition!
A new festival celebrating everything English is coming to Manchester.
For the Love of England and St. George Festival is coming to the Bowlers Exhibition Centre this St. George's day to help local patriots celebrate the sometimes overlooked National Holiday.
Andrew Kleek, the CEO & founder of the festival explained why he decided to put the event on in Manchester this year: "I decided to hold this event as not enough is done in the country to celebrate our national day. St. Patrick's Day, for example, is much far widely celebrated in England than St. George's.
I wanted to put that right and give local people the chance to celebrate the national day properly.
There will be a great choice of entertainment on offer for attendees, from live music to impersonators. Andrew said: "We chose Bowlers Exhibition Centre because of the perfect layout of the arena for what we are trying to achieve.
"We will have live music in one arena, and the main hall will be filled with fun activities, costume groups, props, traders and more, with English food being served throughout the day."
Asked what part of the day he is most looking forward to, Andrew said: "I am especially looking forward to the Winston Churchill impersonator, and meeting some of the footballers and getting a picture with the FA cup and champions league trophies!"
The entertainment will include:
- The Manchester SKA Foundation
- Elton John Tribute – Graham Nash (featuring baby grand piano)
- David Bowie Tribute – the Sensational David Bowie Tribute
- Robbie Williams Tribute – Mike Andrew
- Little Mix Tribute – The Little Mix Show
- Live Q&A with Ray Clemence, Peter Reid, and David May hosted by Pete Emmett. The players will be mingling with the crowd later and joining in the festivities, your chance to talk to these footballing legends and get a photo with the FA Cup or Champions League Trophy.
- Live music entertainment throughout the day
- WW2 Spitfire
- WW2 displays including dodge ambulance, jeeps, trucks, first aid & medic displays, multiple weapons displays, Cheshire home guard, RAF command caravan, interactive mend and do display and more
- Winston Churchill and Hugh Dowding impersonator
- Childrens entertainment area including bouncy castles and soft play
- Anglo saxon village
- Costume groups
- English food
- English beer
- Trader & merchandise stalls
The NQ is giving away 66 FREE tickets! This is how to claim:
To claim your free tickets simply type “1966” as the promotional code as shown below.
There's a maximum of 5 tickets per order, and please do not claim free tickets unless you are certain you can attend.
If you are not lucky enough to win a free ticket, do not worry. We also have half price tickets by using the promotional code “stgeorge” as show below for a further 24 hours after the free tickets have run out.