UK’s biggest innovation show arrives in Manchester
- The biggest multi-sector innovation showcase in the UK to be held in Manchester from November 2.
- This will be the first time the annual event has been away from London since its inception 8 years ago.
The Department for International Trade and Innovation UK will host Innovate UK in Manchester for the first time, at the Manchester Central.
The event will offer businesses the opportunity to promote their product or services to both UK and international visitors. It also gives companies a chance to make connections with research partners, export opportunities and investors.
Innovate 2016 is anticipated to attract around 2,500 business and investors, 200 speakers and 150 exhibitors. The exhibition will be featurcutting-edgeedge technological innovations, respected industry leaders and inspirational keynote speakers.
Keynote Speakers from this year will include:
- Juergen Maier - Chief Executive of Siemens
- Paul Misener – VP of Global Innovation for Amazon
- Simon Jones – Head of Innovation for Team Sky
Day One of the event will be exploring the latest developments in manufacturing and the innovations in future urbanisation. Day Two of Innovate 2016 will be focusing on new technologies in Healthcare and how new technologies are forming new industries.
Innovate Chief Executive Ruth Mckernan said “We are very excited to be taking our annual flagship innovation showcase to Manchester this year. It is part of our commitment to build on and to support innovation excellence throughout the UK.”
Hosting Innovate 2016 highlights the undergoing growth of Manchester and the government’s commitment to the Northern Powerhouse initiative.